Friday, February 29, 2008

It was 6 months ago today, Oct 1st 2007.


On this date 6 months ago, I quit the cancer stick. Here's my story: My first attempt was in 2005. I tried cold turkey. I was smoke-free for 4 months. Then I went on vacation to Scotland and spent too much time in smoky pubs. I was weak. My 2nd attempt was in 2006. That time I used an Rx called Wellbutrin. Again, I lasted about 4 months again. I think turning 31 and moving across the country stressed me back into smoking again. THIS time I did it with a ton of patches stuck to my body, nic-gum shoved in my cheeks and a LOT more determination. So it's been 6 months. I haven't poisoned myself in 6 months. It feels really great to say that. This picture is no longer me. I have made it this far, and I won't go back. I definately wouldn't be caught in purple shorts, either!

3 comments:

Live Simply Mommy said...

You are doing wonderful & I am so proud of you! I know it must be hard at times, but I also know you are a very strong person and can overcome anything!

Anonymous said...

I am very proud of you darlin'. Way to go!!

Katie said...

That's great Isolde. I started smoking four months ago and it sucks! No booze and here come the cancer sticks. oy vey... I've been telling myself I'm gonna quit for 2 months... Good job!