Friday, February 26, 2010

Travel Log: People Watching Report

Having some travel issues today. Northeast weather cancelled my flight out of Maine with the next flight leaving in 2 days. Uh no, that won't work. So now I am sitting in Boston waiting for the next opportunity to get home. It's going to be a long day. So as I sit and stare at all the people shuffling through the airport, I am drawn to the young couple with 4 kids. 3 boys and 1 girl all under the age of 6 (I am guessing). I don't like this family. Keep in mind that I am travel cranky today. I decided I didn't like this couple when they chose to park their brood in the chairs next to me. Didn't they see ALL the empty rows of seats at all the empty gates? Immediately, they kids start jumping up and down (on the seats) and screaming AIRPLANE AIRPLANE I'M HUNGRY MOMMY DADDY...etc etc. You get the drift. Now don't get me wrong...I like children. But it was apparent that these parents were completely exhausted with these 4 kids, so all consideration for other people had gone by the wayside. To make matters worse, these jumping bean children were hungry, so what does the mom go do? She goes and buys a DOZEN dunkin donuts to feed her family. Great idea, Mom. Let's fill these 4 hyperactive kids with pure deep fried sugar just before you squeeze them onto an airplane for the next few hours. It will be just my luck that these kids will be sitting behing me on the plan kicking the back of my chair.