Thursday, June 3, 2010

10 years is too long

I was 24 when I started working for my employer. It's so rediculous to think that it's been 10 years since I had any significant time off. Is this what enjoying life is suppose to be like?! I feel like a measly month off for 10 years of service isn't enough time. The company calls it "Personal Growth Leave". I suppose they think that 4 weeks is enough time to work on your personal needs....then you have to forget it all and go back to work. (insert me rolling my eyes). At this point, I don't give a shit. I'll take whatever time they will give me!

So starting tomorrow, I am off the clock for a month. It's my reward for 10 years of dedication to my career. Don't expect me to do anything of significance. Don't bother calling me for any favors or help. Only call me if you want to go have fun. I am shedding all responsibility and going off the grid.

Here's my personal growth list:
Be active
Be outside
Avoid all airplanes and airports
Turn off my blackberry
Hike Dog Mtn
Bike Lewis River
Windsurf
Swim
Hike more of the Pacific Coastal Trail
Sunbathe topless on a deserted beach
Garden
Comb the beach for shells and rocks
Eat fresh and cook outside
Sleep in a tent with my husband
Take very few showers
Read a book
Sketch
Have lots of sex and laugh a lot.

No comments: