Sunday, June 13, 2010

CSA's and vacation take me away

My first week of my leave was a success. The reading has commenced. I am working on my tennis skills, I have started some home decorating projects, and Vit D intake is where it needs to be. A couple of exciting things happening this week. First, it's the beginning of our CSA season. If you don't know what a CSA means..it's Community Supported Agriculture aka Community Farm Sharing. So every Monday from now until October, we get a box of locally grown organic produce and fruit that was harvested that morning. It's from a delicious local farm called Dancing Moon Farms. I recommend checking into your local farms for your very own CSA. To keep the price down, we are splitting our load with another couple...since each box is enough to feed a family of 4 for the week.


The second exciting thing happening this week, is our annual trip to Gold Beach, OR. I absolutely LOVE this place. I think I have bragged about it in past posts. This year, it won't be such a sleepy little town, since the Wind Bash is back on. I can't wait to hit the road!!!






1 comment:

Live Simply Mommy said...

Our CSA's here are very expensive. looked into it this year and thought I would try my hand at our garden again. It is such a great idea for people who can not grow a garden to support local farms.