Friday, August 31, 2012

Sleep Training Update

It's been almost a week since we started our new night time procedures (as I like to call them).  The first 3 nights, I was sleeping on the sofa, while Eric was attending to her constant awakenings.  He did sooooo great.  He was able to calm her down as she yelled and cried out for me.  I went in only twice to nurse her.  I am happy to report that she is no longer seeking out my "nums nums" to soothe her to sleep.  She is still waking up a gazillion times, but a simple hand on her back and some reassuring that everything-is-ok-we-are-there-and-its-ok-to-go-back-to-sleep, is all it takes.  She still isn't able to stay asleep for more than an hour or two, but I am very  hopeful that we will reach that milestone in the next 6 months.  We did successfully can the night nursings.  Hooray for baby steps. 

In other news, she is going to be turning 1 in a month!  I wasn't too interested in doing a big birthday, but as the time gets closer, I am all ABOUT throwing a big party.  Let the planning begin!   

No comments: